Soundbox Speech Therapy offers treatment via telecommunications to support the needs of our patients in speech and occupational therapy. The services are offered by linking the clinician to the patient for assessment, treatment and consultation.
Telehealth has been an option for therapy for the past number of years. It has been a positive and welcomed addition in urban and rural areas. Services are conducted with interactive audio and video connection in real time to create an in-person experience much like that achieved in a traditional encounter. Support material are shared with the patient to enhance the virtual therapy session.
Speech Therapy Treatment Offered Via Tele-Health:
- Identifying error versus proper production of sounds
- Targeting error sounds with increasingly challenging levels of articulation
- Expressive and receptive language skills
- Muteness and late talkers
- Reinforcing and maintaining self-correcting speech skills
- Identify fluent vs. non-fluent speech
- identify the role of dysfluencies when speaking
- identify types and patterns of dysfluencies
- Identify strategies to minimize disfluency and best match to pattern
- Identify personal existing strategies being used to work with disfluencies
- Reading Literacy
- Transgender voice feminization
- Stroke rehabilitation
Occupational Treatment Offered in Tele-Therapy
- Parent education and couching
- Developmental skills for young children, such as grip, feeding, etc.
- Hand Therapy
- Visual Therapy
- Sensory Integration
- Life skills
- Social Skills
- Mental Health
- Training on ACC
- Training on home modification
- Training on injury prevention at work
Covered by In-Network Insurance
Tele-health for speech and occupational therapy is now considered a covered service by most insurance plans. Soundbox is an in-network provider with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO and United Healthcare. We will do our best to verify benefits and eligibility before beginning services. For clients with out-of-network insurance, we offer various payment options including sliding scale rates and payment plans. Additionally, we will submit claims to your insurance as a courtesy. Please contact our office for more information on insurance coverage and payment options.
All tele-health treatment complies with guidelines American Speech-Language Hearing Association’s (ASHA) standards and code of ethics. In addition, tele-health sessions comply with all standard HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations.
To learn more about your options for tele-health speech and occupational services connect here.